Uber in Las Vegas: Peculiarities Tourists Should Know in Advance
Back in 2015 Uber Las Vegas made tourists arriving at the airport quite happy. Reason No.1 was that finally, there’s a reasonable price for a taxi. The second perk included setting their own point of pick up.
As it turned out, there are not many options for the desired pick up. This situation with Uber Las Vegas airport follows one general rule. You have to tolerate a couple of miles walking to a designed spot for pickups. Good reason to travel light and save yourself from unnecessary heavy luggage.
The prices, however, fight against luxurious taxi cars waiting to pick up those who come to have the time of their lives. They charge almost twice the price of Uber Las Vegas rates. As traffic jam is intense on arrivals, the fare even creeps up for sitting in the stuffy cab watching all those people trying to get to the downtown.
Heavy traffic jam continues as you go out at night. Again, all the people you saw on flight try to get places on taxis accompanied by people who arrived in their own car.
Riding a taxi in Las Vegas implies higher fare and a tip. So, it’s a good nature to tip Uber driver Las Vegas since your app makes service cost less. The distances are quite short while the time spends on a ride is long.
Hints on Convenient Use of Las Vegas Uber
- Whenever you leave a grand show or party with high attendance, steer away from the crowded places. Walk a couple of blocks or take the tram in order for your driver to pick you up. It’s hard on both of you to find each other when there are thousands of Ubers and twice as many people.
- Beware of increased rates at night. Uber’s main rival, Lyft, sometimes offers rides at a lower fare when prices skyrocket. It is still recommended that you tip off if the ride allows saving a couple of dollars.
- Hotels have pick-up spots for a taxi through an app. Choose an offer that suits you and asks for directions with receptionist if you have trouble locating them. Sometimes it is right at the front door. Other times you will have to walk across the hall or a casino. Contact your driver to confirm.
Uber rates Las Vegas
- Airport – Las Vegas Strip: 5-minutes ride choosing UberX at $12-15
- South Premium Outlet – Stratosphere Hotel: 2-minutes ride with UberX at $14-18
- Wynn Hotel – Rio Secco Golf Club: 2-minutes ride with UberX at $20-26
Remember that the time may vary due to traffic jams or driver’s attempts to save you from waiting. Otherwise, Uber estimate Las Vegas are transparent unlike with ordinary taxi.
Why Is Uber in Las Vegas better than Driving a Car?
Hiring a car in Las Vegas to drive is risky. The first reason against is the case when you are drinking. The second reason against is not knowing the roads. Despite easy navigation and short distances, you may end up in queuing for ages in traffic. Any driver knows roads and prime-time for work. It makes sense trusting them.
If you absolutely against riding with Uber use Lyft to leave the airport or heading off sightseeing to National Park. Grab comfy shoes and a bottle of water to walk along the Strip. 4-miles walk never hurt anybody. Just make sure to keep your things safe and opt for a taxi in case of heavy intoxication. Do not carry large amounts of cash and make sure you never leave your purse, wallet or phone unattended.
Beware of Airport Pick Up Craze
Arriving at high season or for a large gathering, people often get lost and wonder if Uber at Las Vegas airport? Yes, it is. Sometimes pick up quantity shared between all taxi options reach as high as 29,000.
People have a hard time locating pick upon arriving. Long flights do not add up to them being patient. First, you have to know which terminal you are arriving at. If it is Terminal 1, then click Level 2M of a T1 Parking Garage. As for Terminal 3, it is Valet Level (V) at T3 Parking Garage.
And here, you can find shows and events that will help you spend your time in Las Vegas fun and interesting!
Search for the Best Las Vegas Shows